We are looking to appoint a Primary ICT Technician to our central IT team.
This role will spend the majority of each week providing an outstanding level of on site and remote ICT support services at five of our Primary Academies in and around London. The role will work closely with the management of each Academy, the Academy ICT Service Managers and the Central ICT team.
The Harris Federation is a leading education charity with 51 Harris primary and secondary academies across London and Essex. The founder, Chairman and sponsor of the Harris Federation, Lord Harris of Peckham, opened our first school in 1990. We now educate some 38,000 young people and closing the gap between children from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission.
The Harris Federation has a track record of accomplishment in achieving success through rapid school improvement and has built an unrivalled reputation for running outstanding academies in London.
Our central team comprises of a dedicated, driven group of departments working centrally to provide support across the Federation and all of our academies. Across a multitude of key departments, we maintain an outstanding body of staff all integral to supporting central and academy finance, HR, Data, Estates management, Talent and many more. We look for dedicated experts in their fields to support the . If you are a committed leader in your role and would like to join the administration and operational development of a highly successful multi-academy trust, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will be:
- To provide an outstanding level of IT support and IT project related activities to staff and students at the academies in your care.
- To ensure that all IT support needs are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Apple Macs, iPads and other peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To work with the relevant teams to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff, students and trainees teachers have access to the data and resources they need.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will:
Demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iPads and iPods in an educational or corporate environment.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Be self-motivated, with a can-do attitude and a strong commitment to delivering results on time and to a high quality in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Have the ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Be professionally presented, flexible and adaptable, and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- Be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- Have significant, recent experience in a similar client facing, IT Service and Support role, preferably within a primary or secondary school.
- Ideally, you will also have relevant Microsoft and Apple qualifications to support the above experience, and a good knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework, supported by an ITIL Foundation qualification.
This is not a complete list of responsibilities and should be read in conjunction with the full job description and person specification provided in the Job Pack.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation with the Head of Service Delivery.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
- English secondary schools
The Harris Federation is a not-for-profit educational charity with almost 25 years of education experience in and around London. Our primary, secondary, all-through and sixth form academies have an international reputation for delivering a step chang...