AGS Salalah is looking to recruit a well-qualified and experienced Primary IT teacher to teach Key stage 2, (an ability to teach key stage 3 is beneficial). With children from many nationalities, AGS Salalah is a truly international school situated in the heart of the Dhofar region of Oman. This is an exciting time for an ambitious teacher to join our brand new, expanding and increasingly popular school. For those looking for a first step abroad or perhaps relocating from another Middle East School, AGS Salalah with its wonderful setting and fantastic facilities offers an excellent opportunity to make a real difference.
Who are we?
AGS Salalah operates an international curriculum to suit the needs of the variety of nationalities currently catered for in the school and our vision for creating highly effective learners is based around the following aims:
• Allowing the whole school community, regardless of background or starting point, the ability to achieve an individual academic standard that reflects challenges faced.
• Equipping students with values, attitudes and skills designed to ensure they are not only active but effective global citizens whether at university, in the workplace or elsewhere in their lives.
• Delivering high quality, lifelong learning outcomes for all, consistently, regardless of changes to circumstances or the learning environment around us.
Our Curriculum, English National - Cambridge Syllabus, is enhanced by a diverse enrichment and thematic learning program which inspires our students to develop their passions and explore Salalahs' beautiful mountains, plains, deserts and coast. Students are taught in small classes by excellent, enthusiastic teachers in well-resourced classrooms. The students are supported to develop leadership, learning & interpersonal skills as well as encouraged to become engaged global and local citizens.
Living in Salalah
Oman is a welcoming, politically stable and friendly country and nowhere more so than in Salalah on the Southern coast. Access to a huge variety of foods and other goods is relatively easy and Muscat is only an hour’s flight away. Salalah is a friendly and welcoming place in which to live with incredible scenery, wonderful beaches, a rich culture and a sunny climate that enables a wide range of water & land activities to be pursued.
It is well situated for travel to other locations around the world and has a variety of local expat groups, sporting teams and adventures for those inclined to participate. Oman is hot and humid in the Coastal areas and hot and dry in the interior except for the higher mountains, which enjoy a moderate climate throughout the year. Rainfall is generally light and irregular in Salalah except for the summer months when it bursts into vibrant life as the monsoon rains arrive - expect the days to be slightly cooler.
Applicants must be:
• Flexible, dynamic, innovative and ready to embrace the challenges and excitement of an International teaching career in the Middle East with a newly opened school
• Have at least 3 years of teaching experience, ideally in the UK and/or MENA region
• Willing to get ‘stuck in’ with all manner of tasks in our evolving, dynamic school
• Qualified to degree level in an appropriate subject and hold a recognized teaching qualification (eg PGCE, QTS) gained in the UK, for primary OR secondary
• Independent and motivated with experience teaching to different key stage levels
• Experienced in using effective differentiation and assessment techniques
• Able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning
• An exceptional communicator with the desire to work with the whole school community
• Ambitious and keen to develop existing knowledge and skills
• Experienced of working with children for whom English is an additional language is expected and experience of working in an international setting would also be beneficial.
What we offer
We are committed to the growth of our staff, both professionally and personally, through providing development opportunities. We have excellent accommodation for teaching staff and offer an attractive tax-free salary (equivalent to £23,500 - £30,000 pa), medical insurance, start & end of contract flights with additional allowance, free school place and full work visa.
Please complete the online application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You must meet the following requirements for a visa & work permit:
• At least 3 years teaching experience.
• A degree where the title includes a taught school subject.
• B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE, PGDE or similar qualification.
• Proficient in English.
• Over 24 and below 50 years of age
AGS Salalah is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for the post.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we find the right candidate, so early application is advised. If you wish to discuss the role or location please email email@example.com
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status, UK Early Years Teacher Status, Government approved teaching certification from non-UK country or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 24 and below 50 years of age
A’soud Global School - Salalah
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 13 years