St Kevin's , Geebung is seeking a Primary Learning Leader (PLL) to support the engagement, learning progress and achievement of students in our school.
This is a full-time continuing teaching appointment, with an initial three-year appointment as PLL. A subsequent three-year appointment will be offered following a successful performance review. The position is released 5 days per week and attracts a 3 unit PLL allowance.
In this key position, you will enhance teacher capacity and effectiveness by modelling high-quality teaching and learning across the school, mentoring and coaching, professional learning and collaboration. You will demonstrate a commitment to ensuring improved educational outcomes for students and continuous school improvement, in line with system strategies.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support teachers in monitoring each student’s progress using data,
• Provide feedback and support to Teachers with classroom pedagogy and planning,
• Lead and coordinate curriculum implementation and development of pedagogy and assessment skills, and
• Ensure effective teaching and improved achievement across all curriculum areas.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles, and
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Kevins is a Catholic primary school of approximately 300 students. We are an inclusive school community with a comprehensive curriculum. St Kevins vision and mission emphasises the gospel values of Jesus evident in our positioning statement: Success, Values and Community. Our school focuses on assisting students to reach their full academic potential, develop Christian faith and acquire social confidence and responsibility. In our school, families become part of a community which seeks positive Christian values for their children. It is a place where lasting friendships are established.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Troy Parsons
Contact Telephone Number: 3265 6511
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Catholic Education