St Elizabeths Primary School, Tarragindi, is located about 9 kilometres south from Brisbane’s CBD. It has an approximate enrolment of 360 primary students. The school is well resourced, particularly in the area of technology, and there is a great community spirit. The students are challenged in their learning through our IREACH learning dispositions (I-Independent, R-Resilient, E- Enquire, A-Achieve, C- Collaborate, H - I am Hopeful & Positive) and parents are interested in and supportive of their childrens education. Our community spirit is regarded as one of our richest blessings and recognised as one of our greatest strengths. It provides the inspiration to work together to achieve our school mission.
Visit our school website here
St Elizabeth’s, Tarragindi is seeking a Primary Learning Leader to support the engagement, learning progress and achievement of students in our school.
This is a part-time continuing teaching appointment (4 days per week, Monday to Thursday), with an initial three-year appointment as PLL. A subsequent three-year appointment will be offered following a successful performance review. The position is released 4 days and attracts a PLL allowance.
In this role, you will enhance teacher capacity and effectiveness by modelling high-quality teaching and learning across the school, mentoring and coaching teachers, and provide professional learning. You will demonstrate a commitment to ensuring improved educational outcomes for students and continuous school improvement, in line with system strategies.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support teachers in monitoring each student’s progress using data,
• Provide feedback and support to Teachers with classroom pedagogy and planning,
• Lead and coordinate curriculum implementation and development of pedagogy and assessment skills, and
• Ensure effective teaching and improved achievement across all curriculum areas.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Have the ability to build teacher capacity to personalise student learning.
• Have strengths in building positive relationships with staff and students.
• Have flexibility, leadership skills and resilience to work in a team to meet the needs of the community.
• An ability to work in partnership and collaboratively with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles, and
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
• If this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 24 hours/week (4 days), Monday to Thursday.
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Bronwyn Stutz
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3848 0828
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 15-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education