Role: Primary Learning Support Assistant
Permanent – Term time only
32.5 hours per week
Specific hours may be negotiable but will operate in accordance with the school day.
Salary: Grade 4 point 12
Start date: Monday 23rd April 2018
Do you enjoy the challenges involved in working with children in 1:1 contexts, small groups or in a classroom situation? Do you want to work as part of a team that knows each one of its children and their families well and where we can watch children progress from Nursery to sixth form? Are you interested in children’s emotional, physical and academic development? Do you relish the chance to see children as individuals, understanding their needs and helping to provide an environment in which all can thrive?
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our school.
“We aim to know every one of our students well, providing an environment that allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of by promoting both academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude.”
Our all-through Free School opened in September 2013 and we have experienced rapid growth, with currently 277 children in Nursery to Year 5 (our oldest primary children will be in Year 6 next year.) Our fantastic heritage site has been fully refurbished and provides a unique learning environment.
We are forward-thinking, with the freedom to shape our school curriculum in response to the needs of the local community and businesses and we are delighted that Ofsted judged us to be a Good school in April 2015.
We are looking for a new member of our team. The ideal candidate will:
- be able to establish positive and supportive relationships with colleagues, parents and children
- be positive, energetic, calm and resilient
- be interested in developing an understanding of the needs of specific individuals
- be passionate about developing the whole child, across the whole age-range of the school
- look to develop independence of children that they support where possible
- have good standards of Literacy and Numeracy
- have excellent teamwork skills
- be able to use their initiative
What we can offer you:
- a positive and friendly staff team
- many and varied opportunities – no two days are ever the same!
- friendly children who we get to know as individuals
- the opportunities that come from being part of an all-through and growing school
- supportive school leaders
- a strong, creative, dedicated and supportive teaching team
- highly engaged parents
Applications must be made using the Heyford Park Free School Application Form, which should be submitted along with an Equal Opportunities Statement and a covering letter explaining why you are applying for the post and why you are suited to the post.
Please note that we advise applying promptly as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
- Closing Date for applications: 9am on Friday 23rd March 2018
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th March 2018
To discuss this role or to visit the school, please contact Rebecca Hughes, Head of Primary, at email@example.com or on 01869 232203.