PDO School is seeking to appoint an effective teacher, specialising in Special Educational Needs, to join our Learning Support Team.
The school currently has over 550 students on roll from Pre Nursery to Primary 7 (ages 3 to 11 years) from over 40 different nationalities, and for many English is not their first language. We enjoy the accommodation of a new, modern school building with excellent facilities and resources. For further information visit our website www.pdoschool.com
Our students are the children of expatriate employees working for Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) and originate from many different home countries, making us a truly international school. The school is an affiliated Shell school and implements the English National Curriculum, enhanced with elements of the Australian Literacy Curriculum, for English; and the English National Curriculum for Mathematics. The International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) are taught across the school.
As a Learning Support Teacher you will:
- Be an excellent and experienced primary teacher with additional qualifications and experience in special education
- Support the achievement of high standards of education, care and provision in all aspects of the school
- Be committed to an inclusive approach to learning for all children
- Have very good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and be a good team player
- Join a team of experienced, innovative and creative teachers, and be effective in providing specific support to children who are identified as in need of learning, behavioural or emotional support to help them to access the curriculum and enjoy school life
You will need to have:
- Certified teaching status through a recognised qualification such as a degree in Education, PGCE or equivalent
- Additional qualifications relevant to the role of specialist Learning Support Teacher
- A minimum of 4 years primary school teaching experience and a proven track record of high levels of achievement and success for the children you have taught
- Experience of teaching the English National Curriculum or similar
- Experience of the International Primary Curriculum or similar
- Experience of supporting children with learning needs where English is not their first language
- Excellent Computing and technology skills
The successful applicant will be offered a two year contract in the first instance and there may be an option, by mutual agreement, to extend on an annual basis. You will be remunerated with an attractive and competitive salary and additional benefits including housing, education for dependent children and medical care. You will also have the opportunity for further professional development and new challenges.
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
Offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon (UK time) on Thursday 19 October 2017.
For details of how to apply and to download an application form, please visit: http://www.wclgroup.com/school-management/vacancies
Application forms and further enquiries should be emailed to the Head Teacher: Joanne.JS.Speller@pdo.co.om