The candidate will be a UK qualified teacher with either a Bachelor of Education Degree or a first degree plus a PGCE qualification and have training in Special Educational Needs. The Teacher of Learning Support will play a key role in the identification of and provision for pupils with specific learning difficulties in the Primary school.
Particular focus is required in the following areas:
• The identification and provision of learning support needs
• Working closely with the Head of Learning Support in the Primary school
• Working closely with Year Leaders, class/subject teachers and other staff
• Responsibility for pupil progress
• Leadership of Learning Link Assistants and 1:1 Support staff
• Delivery of relevant CPD to staff
• To help raise standards of pupil attainment and achievement across the curriculum and to monitor and support pupil progress;
• To share accountability for pupil progress and development;
• To help support the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum, in accordance with the aims and policies of the school;
• To promote the integrated role of Learning Support in the wider life of the school, including through co-curricular activities;
• To play an active role in developing, sustaining and modelling the skills, attributes and behaviours of a high-performing teaching and learning team;
1. Proven successful experience of teaching across the Primary School age and ability range and of raising student achievement;
2. Experience with earlier years (FS1 to Year 3) an advantage;
3. Dyslexia training or qualifications highly desirable
4. Experience of monitoring the progress of individuals and cohorts of pupils;
5. Experience of identifying and providing effective learning support for pupils with a range of specific and general learning difficulties, physical/medical impairment, language and communication difficulties and/or emotional and social difficulties.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form found in the Vacancies part of our website www.britishschool.sch.ae. The closing date is 28th April 2019. The role is for a September 2019 start, although an earlier start would be accepted.