We seek a creative, flexible and positive team player, who is able to work under their own initiative. The successful applicant will work with children, staff and parents; intervention may include individual and small group work as well as in-class support. The Primary Learning Support teacher is required for August 2017.
We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and A-Levels. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, we provide a 1:1 iPad programme and use Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in a uniquely challenging, rewarding and supportive environment. GIS is a well-resourced, highly distinguished international school with a long-standing reputation for outstanding academic results and innovation. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. If you are passionate about teaching and learning in the Primary School, we welcome your application.
This is both a challenging and rewarding role and would provide a great experience for the right candidate. We offer the support and resources to help you develop professionally and build on your strengths.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Highly effective teaching and learning skills when working with individuals and small groups
- The ability to use assessment appropriate to the needs of individuals
- The knowledge and skills to design and review IEPs in order to personalise learning
- The necessary interpersonal skills to support you working alongside class and specialist teachers in order to develop appropriate programmes of learning
- A high level of ICT literacy
- Experience and knowledge in the fields of speech and language development and/or Autistic spectrum disorders within the mainstream setting would also be desirable
- An understanding of sensory integration difficulties would also be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- The opportunity to support students across the Primary School
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 31st of December 2016.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2017.
Please review the booklet: ‘Information for Applicants’ (in Attachments) prior to applying for this role.
To apply for this post please click the link below:
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).