Clearwater Bay School Website: http://www.cwbs.edu.hk
Clearwater Bay School is a four form entry school with a capacity for 720 students.
Clearwater Bay School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving the Sai Kung, Clearwater Bay and Tseung Kwan O communities in the Eastern New Territories of Hong Kong. Through the IB Primary Years Programme, we offer a world class international primary education to students in years 1-6 that develops students’ creativity, confidence and willingness to achieve their personal best.
Clearwater Bay School is now seeking to appoint a Primary Literacy & Numeracy Coach/PYP Coordinator (TLR2) starting August 2020. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teaching and learning:
• Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching, learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
• Use learning technologies and the digital learning environment to enhance learning
TLR 2 Responsibilities:
• Coach, model, advise and work collaboratively to support teachers in developing consistent, high quality literacy and numeracy teaching practices across the primary team (years 4-6).
• Lead the collaborative development and implementation of the PYP across the primary team (years 4-6).
• Work collaboratively with other members of the Leadership team to provide pedagogical leadership of the PYP across the school.
• Lead team/whole school Literacy and Numeracy initiatives as outlined in the School Development Plan.
• Lead and develop the English and/or Mathematics curriculum areas across the whole school.
• Lead and engage in professional learning activities that support the PYP and school priorities in English and Mathematics.
• Liaise between the School, IBO and ESF ensuring that all PYP requirements are met.
• Bachelor Degree in Education or Bachelor Degree with Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
• Expertise in teaching English and Mathematics in years 4-6 of primary school. Knowledge and experience of First Steps, inquiry maths approaches and the IBO Primary Years Program highly regarded.
• 5+ years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
• Prior experience of leading or holding a position of responsibility within a team.
• High level interpersonal skills and/or coaching skills/experience.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 20 Oct 2019
For enquiries, please contact Chris Hamilton at +852 23583221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.