Clearwater Bay School is a four form entry school with a capacity for 720 students.
Clearwater Bay School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving the Sai Kung, Clearwater Bay and Tseung Kwan O communities in the Eastern New Territories of Hong Kong. Through the IB Primary Years Programme, we offer a world class international primary education to students in years 1-6 that develops students’ creativity, confidence and willingness to achieve their personal best.
TLR 2 Responsibilities:
- Coach, model, advise and work collaboratively to support teachers in developing consistent, high quality literacy and numeracy teaching practices across the primary team (years 4-6).
- Lead the collaborative development and implementation of the PYP across the primary team (years 4-6).
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Leadership team to provide pedagogical leadership of the PYP across the school.
- Lead team/whole school Literacy and Numeracy initiatives as outlined in the School Development Plan.
- Lead and develop the English and/or Mathematics curriculum areas across the whole school.
- Lead and engage in professional learning activities that support the PYP and school priorities in English and Mathematics.
- Liaise between the School, IBO and ESF ensuring that all PYP requirements are met.
Teaching and learning:
- Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
- Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching, learning and classroom management.
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
- Use learning technologies and the digital learning environment to enhance learning
- Bachelor Degree in Education or Bachelor Degree with Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Expertise in teaching English and Mathematics in years 4-6 of primary school. Knowledge and experience of First Steps, inquiry maths approaches and the IBO Primary Years Program highly regarded.
- 5+ years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
- Prior experience of leading or holding a position of responsibility within a team.
- High level interpersonal skills and/or coaching skills/experience.
Closing Date: 21 Nov 2017
For enquiries, please contact Chris Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.