Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Music for Primary School. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values.
• Take responsibility for primary Music and movement English classes, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
• Work closely with the Head of Arts and Deputy Head of Primary to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
• Plan and deliver lessons, and write formal reports on a termly basis;
• Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
• Contribute to the school’s House system, and provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
• Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings, Admissions Days and CPD as appropriate;
• Play a full part in the school’s admissions process including attending Saturday Admissions day(s) as required;
• Take on full responsibility of the Winter celebration (EYFS/ Primary) and end of year musical show (Primary) and play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme;
• Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Music;
• A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE).
• Minimum two years’ teaching experience in primary years education;
• Previous experience of teaching the British National Curriculum is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior British National Curriculum experience will be considered.
• Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
• Ability to work collaboratively;
• Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work.
• A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes.
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
Five Distinctive Features of Malvern’s Xinjin Campus
Nurturing global citizens well versed with Chinese and Western cultures by stages
At Malvern, educating the “whole person” begins with the acquisition of skills and of knowledge. From bilingual imm...