We are looking for a full time music teacher, ideally with experience teaching in a primary school setting. You will deliver music lessons as part of the national curriculum music syllabus, teaching music across the school in KS1 and KS2 and should hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Previously known as the Bexley Business Academy, Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3-18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joins the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose-built building. It is a needy and disadvantaged area where students deserve the life chances that a transformational school can provide. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
We welcome applications from candidates who will:
- Teach and secure outstanding high quality music learning for our children
- Enable all children to succeed through a creative approach to delivering the music curriculum
- Be able to lead and develop a variety of ensembles
- Be committed to on-going professional development
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
Our aim is to accelerate the path of the academy to becoming outstanding, so that pupils have the best possible education. Like Harris Garrard Academy, many of our academies joined the Federation having been placed into Special Measures. All are now providing a 'Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ education for students according to Ofsted.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you:
- Exceptional professional development opportunities;
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference;
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to raising standards;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others;
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits.
For more information, please contact the careers team on 0208 253 7777.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.