Renaissance College Website: https://www.rchk.edu.hk
The school requires a Primary P.E. Coordinator /Teacher starting in Aug 2021. The position will be a full-time two-year contract and renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teachers in the department/team are expected to exemplify excellent professional practice which leads to high standards of teaching and learning within the curriculum. Teachers are also expected to support the pastoral and co-curricular work of the school and be reliable in exercising their daily responsibilities. Working as part of a team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Department/Year level Coordinator, the subject/class teacher is expected to fulfil the following roles:
• Provide learning opportunities for every student commensurate to her/his needs, abilities and stage of development, by teaching a programme that gives each student the opportunity to experience success, and which challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
• Establish effective and positive relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognition of the individuality of each student and affirming their cultural identity.
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students in accordance with PYP, MYP and DP guidelines and the assessment policy of Renaissance College.
• Co-operating with other staff (whole school) on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
• Collaborative planning with other teachers within and outside of the Area of Learning Department.
• Performing the pastoral duties, House (Dynasty) system responsibilities, and sports assignments of a teacher.
• Performing other duties that may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the Principal.
The above list is neither exhaustive nor definitive and is subject to change with departmental/team needs and staff professional development.
The position of Sports Coordinator Primary (SC) is to coordinate the planning and implementation of an intramural / interschool sports programme in the Primary school and to focus on the development and implementation of a comprehensive PE curriculum.
In collaboration with the Head of PHE, Athletics Director, Business Manager, Head of ESL Sports, PLT4 and the PE teachers, the Sports Coordinator will:
Manage the Primary Sports Programme
- overseeing the access to and use of facilities for training and competitions; (e.g. for practice schedules, for match days);
- Administrative duties for all sporting teams (communication, bus bookings, insurance, risk assessments)
- Attend Primary PE Group meetings with regard to tournaments
Coordinate the Primary PE Program
- plan, document and coordinate the Primary PE curriculum
- liaise with colleagues in the relevant ESF curriculum group and in partner schools and represent the department at ESF curriculum committee meetings and other groups as necessary
- in consultation with the Head of Primary manage the PE budget
- manage resources, including up-dating departmental inventory and equipment
- Coordinate the ordering of teaching and learning resources for Primary PE
- Assign duties and responsibilities to the PE Assistant
The successful applicant is expected to have the following skills, abilities, knowledge and experience.
Personal Skills and Abilities
- excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration skills
- ability to plan and conduct events, and to lead staff and students in event management
- positive and enabling attitude towards students and staff
- be flexible and open minded and able to consider the larger context
- good record-keeping and organizational skills with respect to curriculum and assessment documentation.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent
- a sound practical knowledge of the IB PYP
- no previous experience in this specific area is necessary although previous demonstrated leadership skills would be an asset.
For more details, please click HERE.
Closing Date: 1st March 2021
For enquiries, please contact Alice Har at +852 3556 3553 or email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date. By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
About Us (www.esf.edu.hk)
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team (https://www.rchk.edu.hk)
ESF Renaissance College Hong Kong (RCHK) is a world-class coeducational independent school and an IB World School. It was the first school in Asia to offer all four of the IB programmes: PYP, MYP, DP and CP. Students are educated from Year 1 to Year 13 on one site, guided and encouraged by a team of experienced international educators. Our student body comprises 40 nationalities, with 20 languages represented. English is the medium of instruction, with Mandarin taught at every level. Technology is integrated college-wide throughout the curriculum. Creativity, activity, service (CAS) is integral to college life. Students participate in a myriad of artistic, musical, sporting and service activities conducted on-site and off-campus. Renaissance College encourages young people to be curious and caring global citizens. Our aim is to prepare well-educated young people to lead future generations, to seek and create an environment of intercultural understanding and respect for others.
Renaissance College - ESF
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Renaissance College (RCHK) is a student focused international teaching and learning institution.
Through a curriculum that is both rigorous and holistic, the College will develop Global Citizens that strive for academic excellence, appreciate the a...