Taipei European School (British Primary Section) is seeking an enthusiastic and outstanding primary school PE teacher with specialist knowledge and experience in the field of gymnastics on the academic year 2021-2022. The successful applicant should be an exceptional practitioner with a demonstrated history of success.
They should be an adaptable educator that is experienced in leading a gymnastics programme with the aim of preparing students to compete within local and international competitions.
Teachers at Taipei European School make the education of their pupils their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers at Taipei European School act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their pupils. We want to ensure that all flourish!
Taipei European School is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments to post are subject to the successful completion of the safeguarding checks, including effective references with the current and previous employers and criminal record checks.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Deliver projects and implement strategic approaches assigned by the Head of PE and Head of BPS.
2. Report to the Head of PE and receive direction and guidance to collaboratively design, implement and review the gymnastics provision throughout the school.
3. To teach high quality PE lessons.
4. To support an extensive extracurricular sports programme with particular attention to gymnastics.
5. To develop and enhance the quality, attainment levels and reputation of TES on a local, national and international stage within the field of gymnastics and sport as a whole.
6. To coordinate and thoroughly prepare students and coaches for training sessions before, during and after normal school hours.
7. With direction and guidance from the Head of PE to organise high profile competitive gymnastics events.
8. To coordinate, and deliver effectively, the teaching and learning of co-curricular sport throughout the primary school.
9. To administer consistency in team selections, rewards, sanctions, safety policies and procedures relating to the school sports community.
10. With direction and guidance from the Head of PE, build contacts to support the growth and development of the TES gymnastics programme.
11. To promote a positive attitude towards sports in the school and wider community through, cooperative relations, publications, competitions, marketing, etc.
TES recruits well qualified, experienced career professionals. The candidates need to have:
1. A Bachelor of Education Degree from a recognized University.
2. A Degree from a recognized University plus either a
a) Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)
b) Post Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE)
3. Relevant National Curriculum, IGCE, GCSE and IB experience.
4. Experience of working in leading a gymnastics programme with the aim of preparing students to compete within local and international competitions.
Taipei European School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years