Primary Phase Class Teachers
Required from September 2017 we require experienced, enthusiastic and creative Primary Teachers for our growing Primary Phase. We are looking for teachers to initially work in
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Key Stage 1
- Year 3
These are exciting times as we plan for the development of our multi academy trust and through school status. These roles present an opportunity to shape the growth and development of our successful Primary Phase.
We are looking for forward thinking, dynamic individuals who share our passion for ensuring that all of our students are enabled to make a positive contribution to society and to have the life chances they richly deserve. Successful candidates will be joining a vibrant learning community which also focusses very much on the aspirations of our colleagues by providing excellent CPD and leadership and career development opportunities.
You will be joining a good academy with a highly effective and supportive team, where innovation is encouraged and supported.
Being the founding member of the Impact Education Multi Academy Trust and the first 4-16 all-through school in Calderdale, we can offer excellent development opportunities for all of our staff. We currently have 1047 students learning within the academy, and this will grow to 1420 by 2020 when our primary phase is full.
We are a values driven organisation committed to living out our values of Heart, Mind and Communication and driven by our passion for all-through education and improving social mobility.
The successful candidate we are looking for will:
- be a qualified teacher
- have experience of working in Early Years, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 and with SEN, Inclusion & Vulnerable students
- be an individual who embrace and understands the ethos and values of The Halifax Academy
- be an approachable individual with the emotional intelligence to deal with people from a variety of backgrounds
- be an individual with the skills, enthusiasm and confidence to contribute to the visioning and growth of the Academy
- be an outstanding primary practitioner with a relentless focus on continually improving quality in teaching and learning.
- (for the TLR role) have successful experience of managing or leading an aspect of a school
In return we can offer:
- the opportunity to work as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students
- a ‘coaching culture’ which is a key focus for CPD in the Academy. Every member of our teaching and support staff are involved in our ‘Coaching for Excellence’ programme to focus on improving teaching and learning in all subjects
- opportunities to lead and develop cross phase and multi academy trust wide
- access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities
- enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
- effective supportive and dynamic leadership
- opportunities to develop your career aspirations through externally accredited programmes
- an Investors In People Gold Academy
- a vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from the Academy’s website at www.thehalifaxacademy-primary.org.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to The Halifax Academy no later than Monday 24th April by 9am. No late applications will be accepted.
Gibbet Street, Halifax, HX2 0BA
Tel: 01422 301080
Headteacher (Secondary Phase) Mick Kay
Headteacher (Primary Phase) Lesley Bowyer
4 – 16 Academy N.O.R. 1047