Role: Primary Phase Leader and Class Teacher
Full time - Permanent
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR2b (£4167)
Start date: September 2018
Are you passionate about teaching? Do you want to teach in a community school that knows each one of its children and their families well and where we can watch children progress from Nursery to sixth form? Do you want to be involved in shaping what such transition looks like? Do you want to get to know each one of the children in your class as an individual, understanding their needs and providing the best environment in which they can thrive?
Do you want to lead others to be the best that they can be? To take responsibility for more than just your class and look at the wider attainment and progress across a phase? Do you want to work in an environment that gives opportunities and enables you to take on responsibility and make a difference? Do you relish the chance to engage with other stakeholders and build relationships for the good of the children?
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our team.
“We aim to know every one of our students well, providing an environment that allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of by promoting both academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude.”
Our all-through Free School opened in September 2013 and we have experienced rapid growth, with currently 277 children in Nursery to Year 5 (our oldest primary children will be in Year 6 next year.) Our fantastic heritage site has been fully refurbished and provides a unique learning environment.
We are forward-thinking, with the freedom to shape our school curriculum in response to the needs of the local community and businesses and we are delighted that Ofsted judged us to be a Good school in April 2015.
Most important for success in this role is your attitude and approach to teaching and learning as part of a team. You will be:
- able to engage with and inspire children
- excited by the potential to develop innovative practice in a relatively new school
- able to create engaging learning environments
- committed to securing outstanding outcomes for all students in your care
- enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working
- keen to encourage children to be curious, independent learners who are not afraid to take risks
- willing to contribute the wider enrichment curriculum
- keen to engage with teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a range of specialisms, across all key stages
- able to motivate and inspire colleagues, with the best interests of all students at the heart of your approach
- able to create a dynamic, supportive and cohesive team that works alongside others in the school for the best interests of all pupils.
You will be asked to deliver excellent outcomes and progress for all children. In return we can offer an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and forward-thinking team. As a growing school we offer many opportunities for development and further promotion.
Applications must be made using the Heyford Park Free School Application Form, which should be submitted along with an Equal Opportunities Statement and a personal statement detailing why you are applying for the post and the ways in which you are suited to it.
Please note that we advise applying promptly as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
- Closing Date for applications: 9am on Tuesday 27th March 2018
- Interviews will be held on Thursday 19th April 2018
To discuss this role or to visit the school, please contact Rebecca Hughes, Head of Primary, at email@example.com or on 01869 232203.