HD Ningbo, a member of the Hurtwood House China family of schools, is seeking to appoint an outstanding English Curriculum Coordinator. This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious bilingual school, in an inspiring environment, and with the collegiate support of the Hurtwood House family in China and the UK.
Known locally as Ningbo HD Bilingual School, Hurtwood House Ningbo is affiliated with Hurtwood House UK, in Surrey. The School’s mission is to nurture global Chinese citizens, who develop an appreciation for the international context, whilst ensuring they hold onto their cultural heritage. Hurtwood House Ningbo believes that education creates character and focus on personal development and progress in equal measure to academics.
The School benefits from exceptional facilities on our campus including:
- A bilingual library
- Specialist teaching classrooms such as art studios and science laboratories
- A multi-functional theatre
- Excellent indoor sports areas for tennis, football and basketball
We want our English Curriculum Coordinator to be someone who:
- can develop a broad and balanced English curriculum that transitions seamlessly between years groups
- will set and maintain high teaching and learning standards
- will have the ability to lead staff and experienced in successfully leading and managing staff towards a common goal
- is engaging, possesses excellent communication skills and has strong emotional intelligence
- develop a collaborative and supportive culture amongst International and Chinese colleagues, in which information, ideas and resources are shared
- can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for their students
- will contribute to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner.
- will work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
The successful candidate will have:
• A subject relevant degree from an established university (required)
• PGCE/QTS or equivalent (required)
• 2 or more years of full time, school based, teaching experience plus experience showing additional responsibility (required)
• Excellent working knowledge of the English primary curriculum
• Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language (required)
• Experience of working in the independent sector (desirable)
• A competitive salary scale based on experience and qualifications
• Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
• Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
• Housing allowance
• Relocation allowance
• Full remission for tuition fees of staff children in accordance with HD schools’ policies
How to Apply
For further information about HD Ningbo and this role, please download the candidate information pack and accompanying job specification. To apply, please submit the application form, your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Covering letters must be no longer than one side of A4 and should set out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirement and your ambitions for the school.
First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly. Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Monika Fryzicka on firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
Safeguarding and Data Protection
HD Ningbo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks. By applying to this post, I agree to my data being held and processed by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates.
If I am appointed to the post I also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates.