Primary School Nurse and Administrative Assistant (Al Waab)
Doha College is one of the oldest British curriculum schools in Qatar providing a world class education for 1914 students between the ages of 3 and 18, who represent over 72 nationalities. Established in 1980, the college was originally opened to meet the demand for a British-style education, and continues to operate under the sponsorship of the British Embassy on a not-for-profit basis.
Primary Objective of Role:
The Primary Nurse will maintain the Nurses Room within the Primary School that will ensure that pupils and staff receive appropriate health care and advice in order to maximise their ability to learn and develop physically, socially and emotionally. The Primary Nurse will work alongside the Secondary Nurse and will also undertake general office duties as requested by the Primary School secretary.
Accountability and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and maintain a Nurse Room offering a comprehensive range of advice and support for pupils.
- Maintain a high standard of care in accordance with professional guidelines and appropriate ethical code.
- Promote a holistic approach to health care, including preventative advice.
- Coordinate First Aid training for staff and First Aid boxes.
- Ensure pupils have the necessary nursing care to maximise the ability to learn effectively and stay safe.
- Promote healthy lifestyles so that pupils can make informed choices concerning physical, social and psychological health.
** Additional responsibilities are listed in the job description. **
- Liaise with pupils, parents and visitors and deal with all enquiries and messages as appropriate.
- General office duties including filing, registers, registers, letters, handing money etc.
- Photocopying, laminating and faxing.
- Ordering and distribution of stock and supplies.
- Coordinate parent evenings, and parents meeting appointment.
- Supervise late pupils until they are collected.
- Be prepared to undertake further professional training development.
- Take part in the appraisal process and meet formally with Line Manager to review agreed targets.
- Comply with Doha College policies.
- Ensure the fire registers are done daily.
- Liaise with facilities team to maintain a safe environment within the school.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Working with children / young people, preferably in an educational setting.
- Valid nursing experience in a hospital or other environment.
- Sensitive, caring and responsive to the needs of children / young people.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to support, advice and counsel.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to undertake further training as required.
- Administrative background.
Education and Training:
- Recognised nursing qualification:
• Registered General Nurse (RGN) – Essential.
• Registered Sick Children’s Nurse (RSCN) – Desirable.
• Currently registered with a recognised nursing body in home country.
- It is essential that the holder of this position is caring, supportive and sensitive to children with specific needs.
- Prepared to obtain license as a Registered Nurse with Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health, if not already.
Only candidates with a family sponsorship, currently residing in Qatar will be considered.
Instructions to Apply:
Candidates must download the Doha College application form and submit the same through our website. The completed form will have to be uploaded as an attachment. The website allows only one file to be uploaded.
Doha College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced criminal record check.