Primary School Science Teacher
Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou. (Hangzhou)
Job Posted: November 3rd, 2017
Dates: Apply by 30th November 2017.
Job starts: August 2018.
Location: Hangzhou, China.
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: 3 years
Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Bilingual Hangzhou will open in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. We are creating a new level of excellence for bilingual education in which our pupils follow a curriculum based upon the Chinese state requirements, enhanced by the National Curriculum for England that will lead to IGCSE and “A” level examinations. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- teach a class of pupils, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs;
- contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
- make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission Statement, values and Identity base including the Eight Aptitudes model of education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
- complete teaching plans on time and to a high standard.
- participate in co-planning meetings with international and Chinese teachers. Contribute ideas during discussions.
- maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom;
- contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors;
- manage, monitor and direct staff as appropriate
- provide stimulating learning environments, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
- act as a point of contact for one ‘home’ class. Undertaking the normal pastoral duties this entails.
- implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description has been provided in the supporting document section.The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Primary School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to jobs.hangzhou@wellingtoncollege indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header. A person specification is available in the supporting document section.
Application deadline: November 30th 2017