CONTRACT TERM: Fixed employment until 30th June 2021 with possibility to extend
Are you passionate about teaching and interested in being part of our unique team of creative, committed educators from Italy and around the world? Are you willing to reflect on your own teaching approaches to deliver an integrated Italian/British curriculum? Would you like to work in a beautiful, brand new school with large outdoor spaces and well equipped, modern classrooms? Little England Bilingual School has a position for you within the Primary School starting in December or at the latest, early January.
We are a well-respected, state-qualified, privately owned school in Brescia in Northern Italy (close to Lake Garda, between Verona and Milan).We provide a unique, integrated English and Italian curriculum to approximately 220 students aged 9 months -10 years.
We appreciate that moving to a new country is a big step, so we will help you to find accommodation and give you the necessary help in getting settled. Our employment package includes a competitive salary according to experience and hours worked, including Christmas bonus, contribution towards an outgoing EU flight and an end of contract bonus.
The successful candidate will be joining us in our well regarded, bilingual Primary school. You will be solely responsible for teaching English according to British National Curriculum standards as well as science (to Italian ministerial requirements) as well as applying a cross-curriculum approach. No previous knowledge of Italian is required but is useful. Patience and flexibility are essential when working in a bilingual environment, along with a strong desire to make the most out of living and working in a new environment with all the associated emotional and social challenges. Candidates who have a Bilingual school background or experience of working in Italy are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for someone who meets these requirements:
- Mother-tongue English speakers only
- A well-grounded, primary school professional with a teaching qualification (QTS or equivalent) and at least 2 years’ experience.
- Flexible, creative, open-minded, and committed to teamwork
- Child centered learning approach
- A positive, proactive approach, committed to helping the school grow
- Excellent communication skills: a good sense of humour and approachability
- Good personal organisation and time management skills
- Passion, commitment, and reliability
- At least 2 years of Primary school teaching experience
- An up-to date DRB form (we will also require an Italian one when you arrive)
If you enjoy working with enthusiastic, eager to learn children and a friendly committed team of teachers, we welcome your application.
Due to difficulties in obtaining residence visas, we can only consider applications from citizens of the European Community or those who have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter, a C.V., a recent photo and names (including telephone numbers and email addresses) of two referees to the email address of Nicola Jane Scavolo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place by Skype/google meet as soon as suitable candidates are found.
Little England Bilingual School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age Up to 10 years