Contract Term: Contract (work visa lasts up to 5 years)
Dillard Drive Magnet Elementary is part of the Wake County Public School System providing a relevant and engaging education creating students who are collaborative, creative effective communicators and critical thinkers.
Dillard Drive promotes the following values across the school:
- Teaching and learning that is engaging, collaborative, equitable, and centered in student choice.
- Learning experiences that expand student and staff perspectives in order to develop global citizens.
- Fostering diverse and meaningful relationships with students that promote a supportive learning environment.
- Creating inclusive and positive relationships with our families and community partners so that they are active participants in teaching and learning
We are looking for an enthusiastic primary teacher interested in having an international teaching experience in the United States and becoming a cultural ambassador to help us inspire, educate and prepare our students for life in the 21st Century.
We are located in Wake County, North Carolina, an area frequently ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live and work. We employ nearly 19,000 staff and faculty to support more than 164,000 students.
Our robust support programs for current and future educators, beautiful school facilities and flexible school calendars are just a few of the many reasons to work in the Wake County Public School System.
All international candidates are required to apply directly with our partner, Participate Learning. Participate Learning has been an official U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program for more than 30 years and has helped more than 10,000 international educators have the experience of being a full-time teacher in the U.S. Participate Learning is designated to screen, provide visa sponsorship and support participants throughout their stay in the United States, in conjunction with their host school. Candidates must first pass Participate Learnings screening in order to be considered for this position.
About the role:
- Primary Teacher
- Full-time, full-year position
- Willing to commit to a minimum of 2 years, with a maximum stay of 5 years
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in Primary Education.
- Hold a teacher training degree for Primary Education.
- Must be currently teaching full-time
- Hold a valid driver's license
How to apply:
Interested applicants should visit https://go.participatelearning.com/uk_202011 to register and fill out an online application.
If you have any questions/queries around the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . The school will not respond to any direct messages regarding the post.
Dillard Drive Magnet Elementary School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years