The International school of Ticino is seeking to appoint a primary school teacher to join us in September 2018.
Candidates should be well qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative and inquiry based approaches to learning and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
We encourage early applications as interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face.
Our school was founded in September 2014 as part of the ISE network of schools, spanning Italy and Switzerland. The school has had year on year growth, and now has 80 students across the age range of 3-8. From September 2018 this growth will continue with the opening of a grade 5 class, age 9/10.
This academic year, the International School of Ticino became an IB accredited PYP and IB world school.
The International School of Ticino is in a very exciting period of growth, and from January 2019 will depart its current location to move into a new purpose designed campus, 10 minutes from our current location. Following the opening of our new campus, in September 2019 we will open grade 6, age 10/11, and the MYP middle years programme. It is IST’s goal to be the only four IB programme school (PYP-MYP-CP-DP) in the region in the next 5 years.
The school is one of several very successful Swiss and Italian schools belonging to Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Primary School, with experience in the PYP and Grade 3 an advantage. The ideal candidate would be interested and experienced in teaching a range of ages and abilities across the entire Primary school age range (2-11 years). There is also an expectation to run co-curricular activities.
The initial contract will be for a period of two years, after which there may be the possibility of converting the contract into a permanent position of employment.
Essential characteristics for IST applicants:
- to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
- to have had recent, demonstrable experience teaching primary within the 2-11 age range;
- to be an enthusiastic and passionate teacher with a love of the teaching and the ability to convey this successfully to students;
- to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Switzerland.
Previous experience with IB programmes is not required, but is preferred. IB training will be offered, together with relocation assistance.
Why work with us:
- A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement.
- IB professional development during employment
- A very competitive salary
- Support settling in to Switzerland
- Professional development
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a new school build and development
- Cooked lunches provided free daily.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send an application containing the following to Mr. Andrew Ackers, Principal Designate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of application (No more than 2 pages);
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be the Head or Principal from your most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
The successful candidate will be expected to begin work at the end of August 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.isticino.com/. The school is one of several very successful schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.