Hillcrest New Barn an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated School require a Primary Teacher to join their established Education team. Offering a salary of £23,720 p.a - £35,008 p.a. Depending on experience (plus £2,149 p.a. SEN allowance). The School is within a commutable distance of Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading and other surrounding towns and villages.
New Barn School offer a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 6 – 16 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding.
As Qualified Primary Teacher for New Barn School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. You will be expected to lead the teaching of and co-ordinate flexible, person-centred programmes of study for individuals and groups of children over KS1 and KS2. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond for the young people we support.
The role of Primary Teacher is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working 40 hours per week plus after school meetings (during term time only, including 5 non-pupil days). We are looking to appoint a flexible, adaptable and dedicated individual with experience working with pupils with SEMH and Behavioural difficulties.
Following a through induction and training programme, your duties as Primary Teacher will include:
• Teaching a varied range of subjects across KS1 & KS2
• Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
• Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
• Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
• Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status
• Have a background of teaching a range of subjects at Primary Level, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
• Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
• Be experienced in or have an interest working within an SEN setting, supporting Children and young people with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
If you are a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual looking for a career as a Primary Teacher, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary scale of £23,720 p.a - £35,008 p.a. Depending on experience (plus £2,149 p.a. SEN allowance) plus excellent company benefits.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Hillcrest New Barn School forms part of the Outcomes First Group who employs approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provides a range of education and residential services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.