Smart Teachers is recruiting for a primary SEN teacher for a class of Year 5 students. There are 7 students in total within this class. This is a good school in a new building, located in Feltham. The primary SEN teacher will be teaching students with high functioning autism. The role is to start in April 2020, for at least one term. The class that the primary SEN teacher will be teaching, are working towards their SAT’s, and there are some very able students within this class.
About the Role
• Primary SEN teacher (Year 5 class)
• Teaching a class of 7 students, with two support staff present
• Students within this class have high functioning autism and are working towards their SATs
• Start date will be after Easter 2020, until September. However, this could work out longer term for the right person
• Initially this will be a temporary contract, with the possibility of a permanent fixed term contract
• Previous experience in a SEN school is preferred but not essential. The role will definitely a strong mainstream teacher with a keen interest in SEN and autism
• The minimum daily rate would be £140, and this can/will increase dependent upon experience
About the School
• Good SEN school located in the London Borough of Hounslow
• Plenty of secure parking available on site, or walking distance from local bus/train routes
• The school is located within zone 6
• Spacious corridors and bright open spaces, with very colourful exterior on the walls and in the playgrounds
• Child centred structured learning with ample breaks for students
• Welcoming and friendly staff
• Excellent facilities for students, both inside and outside of the school
In order to be considered for this role, the Primary SEN teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD30678SENT
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.