The Stanway School
Primary Specialist Tutor – Reference 507
Pay Range: Main Pay Scale Band 1-6 £25,714 - £36,961
Hours of work: Part or full time applicants would be considered based on the right candidate’s availability.
Temp/permanent: This is initially a 2-term contract with the view to building this into a permanent role in the future
Start date: Flexible
Responsible to: SENCO
This is an exciting new opportunity at The Stanway School. Our approach to supporting low ability students and/or those with special educational needs is evolving, and therefore the skills and experience of a Primary phase colleague is what we are looking for in order to work with small groups and/or individuals to raise attainment and reduce gaps in knowledge.
Primarily, the teacher will plan and deliver KS3 Maths and English sessions. They may also work with KS4 students aiming for grade 4-5 and SEN students to develop key literacy and numeracy skills. The Teacher will plan high quality teaching sessions suited to the needs of the group. They will liaise with class teachers, the SEN Department and Senior Progress Leads for English and Maths. The Teacher will assess students’ work and report on their progress. The Teacher will be prepared to deliver sessions either in person or virtually.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• To plan high quality sessions to develop key knowledge and skills with a focus on Literacy, reading and Maths.
• To incorporate options subjects (e.g. elements of History or Art) through Literacy and Numeracy topics studied.
• To liaise with classroom teachers and Senior Progress Leads for Maths and English to identify focus areas for intervention. To provide objective and accurate feedback/reports to teachers.
• To have a secure knowledge of both the English and Maths curriculum. Most sessions will focus on KS3 pupils so a Primary specialism would be welcomed.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Secure subject knowledge in English and Maths to deliver catch up sessions to KS3 pupils.
• Understanding that a range of factors can impact on student achievement and commitment to personalising learning for pupils.
• Can use ICT effectively to support learning and deliver sessions virtually if necessary.
• Ability to build relationships with students and engage all pupils in learning.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 24th February 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on TBC
Interviewing will take place on TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Stanway School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Every student matters at The Stanway School. To be part of our staff community is to accept challenge as a daily experience, promote kindness as an integral part of developing young people’s personalities and to celebrate success for all. These form ...