Hillcrest Shifnal School an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered independent SEN education campus requires an experienced Primary Teacher (+ KS3 Transition) to join their dedicated team. Salary £24,373 p.a - £40,490 p.a depending on experience (plus £2,209 SEN allowance). The school is within commutable distance of Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich and other surrounding towns and villages.
Shifnal School, a DfE registered independent school, offers education to boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health needs between the ages of 5–19 yrs. Hillcrest Shifnal strives to provide learning experience and opportunities that will enhance the lives of all the students they educate; with the bespoke and balanced teaching provided it allows our students the ability to grow into confident and creative individuals.
Job Summary and Duties
Working with small classes of students, this specialist teaching post has responsibility for supporting primary aged children across a range of subjects, additionally supporting their transition into secondary education. Supporting children with social, emotional and behavioural needs, this role will use a number of teaching strategies to engage and develop learners, whilst also rewarding positive behaviour.
You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic and vocational studies. The role will be challenging yet rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference.
As a Primary Teacher (+ KS3 Transition), this role is offered on a permanent basis, 195 days per year (Term Time Only including 5 non-pupil days). 40 hours per week + after school meetings
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as Primary Teacher would include:
· Teaching a range of subjects across the National Curriculum
· Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
· Writing and implementing individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
· Building relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
· Supporting children in their transition to the secondary department
Key Skills Required:
· Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), ideally with experience of working in a Primary setting, although not essential
· Have an up-to-date knowledge of the national curriculum and other programmes related to Primary phase education
· Have previous experience or be interested in working with pupils within an SEN environment with challenging behaviour
· Passionate about providing quality education to children and young people
If you are a dynamic, adaptable and compassionate individual looking to further your career as a Key Stage 3 Teacher please apply immediately. In return, we offer a Salary £24,373 p.a - £40,490 p.a depending on experience (Plus £2,209 SEN allowance), plus excellent company benefits.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please also note, although Outcomes First Group broadly works in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group own Terms & Conditions.
Hillcrest Shifnal School forms part of Outcomes First Group who employs approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provides a range of education and residential services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date