Grange Academy is a Special School for learners aged between 5 and 18 with a complex range of needs including moderate learning difficulties and autism. We are part of a local multi academy trust of special schools called Bedford Inclusive Learning and Training Trust (BILTT).
Some of the aims of our school are to develop lifelong learning, widen aspirations, empower families, maximise independence, nurture values of respect and friendship and extend creativity.
To be successful in the role you will have gained experience with pupils who may be on the Autistic Spectrum or who have leaning difficulties.
We are looking to appoint a resilient, talented and inspirational teacher who:
- Ensures learners make at least good progress and often outstanding progress over time;
- Has experience of teaching students with SEND, ASC and challenging behaviour;
- Is creative in the ways they work with young people, and enjoys finding personalised solutions to learning needs;
- Is flexible, reliable, resilient and positive;
- Is able to build positive relationships with all stakeholders;
- Has sound knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures;
- Wants to make a difference to the lives of young people, especially disadvantaged children and those groups at risk of not achieving their full potential.
The closing date for all applications is 10.00 pm 16.10.18. Interviews will be held 29.10.18.
A visit to the school is highly recommended. To arrange a visit please contact the school office – details below.
Application packs for this post can be obtained from our website at www.grange.beds.sch.uk, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , or calling the school on 01234 407100. CVs cannot be accepted.
The school is committed to safeguarding, Prevent, the welfare of pupils and ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers; irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, belief, sex or sexual orientation and expects staff to share that commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory references from previous employers, enhanced DBS & health clearance.