We are looking for a flexible, creative and enthusiastic teacher for the bright and enquiring young minds of our primary school. We are looking for a class teacher in Year 4 to start immediately or as soon as possible.
We need a highly qualified English speaking teacher with a teaching degree / teaching certificate (QTS) in Primary Education. Our class teachers are responsible for teaching all primary subjects apart from Art, Music, German and Physical Education, for which we have specialist teachers. Our primary school starts with Year 1 and goes up to Year 4, as secondary school in Germany starts with year 5. We are a three-from entry primary school and have 12 classes from Year 1 -4. Schemes of work are based on the objectives of the German county curriculum for Lower Saxony, lessons will be taught in English using English speaking materials only, adapted from UK, US and/or similar English Speaking countries’ curricula. Experience of having taught KS1/2 for at least a few years may be an advantage, is not essential however. Knowledge of German is not a necessary requirement, but a willingness to learn the basics while living here will be important. The contract is on a fixed term basis for the first two years; afterwards it can be extended to a permanent contract upon mutual decision.
We are looking for the following essential and/or desirable qualities.
A successful candidate:
· can stimulate our motivated children to achieve high levels of progress to meet the demands of our academically inspired curriculum;
· has outstanding classroom practices with regards to the planning and teaching of lessons (including differentiation);
· is committed to contribute to the curriculum planning and curriculum innovation of our expanding school;
· can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils' progress;
· works well independently as well as in teaching teams;
· has secure IT skills including knowledge of white board and iPad technology;
· is dedicated to contribute to any extra curricula activities;
· has good interpersonal skills and a sense of humour;
· is committed and hard-working.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 1 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status, Government approved teaching certification from non-UK country or similar teaching qualification.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
Kammer International Bilingual School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 18 years