Develop as an exceptional teacher in a forward thinking and ambitious all-through school
KSA is a pioneering school looking to hire exceptional people. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and high-performing primary teacher who is committed to pushing themselves further and achieving amazing things with and for their pupils. This role also includes the possibility of a position of responsibility for the right candidate.
We believe in high expectations and a sense of collaborative and positive enthusiasm which brings out the best in our team. Through weekly coaching and co-planning time, we invest in professional development to help our teachers excel in creating a very successful environment for our pupils.
King Solomon Academy is a genuine all-through school, with our pupils staying with us from nursery to sixth form across two sites ten minutes walk apart. Because of this, we have a unique opportunity to have a long term and dramatic impact on our pupils’ lives. This all starts in our primary school, where our pupils develop, and grow a love of learning.
We have a strong track-record as a school in making a significant impact on our pupils’ lives. We adopt a mastery approach in primary, meaning that our pupils have more time and explicit teaching of the skills and concepts that underpin long term success in academics, enriched by a varied and cultural capital enhancing curriculum which inspires and engages our pupils. Our specialist teaching model allows pupils to benefit from expert teaching in PE, music, art and means staff have time to plan other subjects properly.
Through our approach to professional development we can promise a successful candidate a positive and rewarding journey of growth. Through shared weekly and long term planning, a large number of training days and access to the resources and opportunities in the Ark network, we are able to support our teachers to thrive.
In September 2019 we combined to form one all-through school with Nursery-Year 4 on our Younger Years Site (Crompton Street) and Year 5 - Year 13 on the Older Years Site (Penfold Street). We are excited that we will move into our new Nursery provision in May 2021, and so will now enjoy a primary setting with a high quality provision for pupils on a larger site with generous outdoor space.
To apply, and to see more information about the school and this role please visit http://kingsolomonacademy.org/current-vacancies. The deadline is 11am on Tuesday 27th April 2021. To discuss the role, please feel free to email the Principal’s PA, Shaheen Riaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone on 02075636901.
Job Description: Primary Teacher
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS (Inner London): £32,960- £52,976
Start date: September 2021
To provide outstanding teaching and learning to ensure high attainment of their students.
• Provide a nurturing classroom and school environment that helps students to develop as learners
• Helping to maintain/establish discipline across the whole academy
• Contribute to the effective working of the Academy
Outcomes and activities
Teaching and Learning
• To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and transform pupil attainment.
• With direction from curriculum leaders in the school, assist in the creation and development of challenging and innovative schemes of work which are inspiring for learners and teachers alike.
• Use regular, measurable and significant assessments to monitor progress and set targets.
• Respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring.
• Ensure that all students achieve at chronological age level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at level.
• Maintain regular and productive communication with parents, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications.
• To develop an exciting and motivating extra-curricular and enrichment offer including university links, trips and residentials.
• Help create a strong academy community, characterized by consistent, orderly and caring respectful relationships.
• Help develop a small school culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement.
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Principal.
Person Specification: Primary Teacher
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Qualified to teach in the UK
• Right to work in the UK
• Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
• Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject though schemes of work and extra-curricular activities etc.
Skills and attributes
Skills and attributes
We are looking for these skills and attributes or at the very least, a clear, demonstrable capacity to develop them organised around our four school values:
• Prepares for success with excellent organisational skills
• Works hard to achieve goals
• Never gives up on ourselves, our teammates or our mission
• Willingness to play a full part in school life and go above and beyond to ensure success
• High energy and driven by a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude.
• Works effectively as part of a team
• Seeks out opportunities to build on own and others’ strengths and helps others to be better through a culture of clear, kind feedback
• Makes a strong contribution to assessments and child-led planning
• Able to create a safe, happy and successful environment for everyone in our community
• Shows gratitude
• Takes care of others
• Exhibits pride in achievements of self and others
“Leading the way”
• Has a passion for working with children
• Is a positive role model to others
• Is brave
• Shows initiative
• Feels passionate about creating a better future.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
King Solomon Academy
King Solomon Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
King Solomon Academy is an all-through school for 3 - 18 year olds in Lisson Grove. It opened in September 2007 with two reception classes and is growing each year, until there are classes for children from nursery age right through to sixth form. Th...