Due to expansion Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking enthusiastic, adaptable and committed primary school (KS1 & KS2) teachers for an immediate start and for the 5th of Jan 2020 start.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. The founding school, Al Rabeeh School, is a successful, well-established primary school with an excellent reputation and was recently rated a Band ‘A’ School in an ADEK full school inspection. Both schools are members of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and are committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies (taught by Arabic teachers). Primary school children are taught in mixed-gender classes in KS1 and segregated classes in KS2. Successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and passion to develop Al Rabeeh Academy, where there may be opportunities for internal promotion, as the academy grows.
Applicants must lead by example and play a full part in the Academy’s extra-curricular activities programme. Successful applicants will need to be understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab World students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
Applicants must be fluent English speakers, hold a relevant degree and primary level teaching qualification and have a minimum of 1 years’ experience of teaching in schools that follow a British curriculum.
Applicants must be able to relocate and begin employment immediately:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in learning, teaching and leading education and believe that children have the potential to reach the highest of expectations when in the right environment
• Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
• Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend student’s learning experiences
• Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
• Experience of using data from internal assessments and standardised tests and external assessments to track student progress
• Experience of teaching within KS1 and/or KS2.
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Baggage allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
To apply please use the ‘apply now’ button and follow the process, or forward an up-to-date CV.
Closing date for applications: 25th December 2019, but Skype and telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.