DSB international School has a Primary school population of 100+ students. Classes are small (8-16 children) and there is one class per year group. The successful candidate should be able to cater for English as an Additional Language as our students come from all over the world.
Furthermore, the successful candidate must be open and willing to work with teachers from a variety of educational backgrounds. Experience of coordination of a subject would be an advantage, as would the ability to offer an extra curricular activity. Please note specialists from within the school already cater for the teaching of PE and German.
DSB follows the English National Curriculum for EYFS and KS1 and 2.
Applicants should make it clear why they are interested in working in Mumbai and at DSB.
Applications from NQTs are welcome although please note whilst we can provide experienced induction support we are not able to support progression to QTS.
- BEd or BA/BSc plus PGCE minimum or recognised international teaching qualification equivalent (essential).
- 2 years teaching experience (desirable)
- Experience of mixed-ability classrooms and EAL needs in mainstream classes (desirable).
- Experience of extra-curricular and arts activities (strongly desirable)
- International experience (desirable)
- Experience of teaching in the English National Curriculum or similar English medium curriculum (desirable)
Attitudes and Attributes
- Flexible and adaptable
- Hard working and willing to do extra where required
- Strongly team-motivated
- Willing to work with small classes and to differentiate effectively
- Committed to open dialogue with parents
- Able to adjust to a crowded and busy city life
- Interested in local cultures and traditions
Remuneration, contract and benefits
- 2 year contract, extendable on yearly basis, (with extension bonus)
- Generous tax-free salary paid in Indian Rupees, (pay-scale based on experience and qualifications)
- Hospitalisation Insurance
- Medical bills allowance annually, or cash equivalent at year end
- Return economy flight to home country annually (overseas candidates)
- Furnished flat situated in South Mumbai, close to school (overseas candidates)
- Annual Professional Development allowance
- Relocation allowance (overseas candidates)
Please note that the cost of living is relatively low, compared to Europe or North America and allows the teacher to live comfortably in Mumbai. However, this depends on your lifestyle. Most teachers are able to remit money home and employ cleaners etc. However, please note that the exchange rate does fluctuate.
Please note – only online applications through TES/Hirewire will be accepted.