Are you an outstanding primary teacher with a passion for education? Are you looking to experience a new culture, meet new people and inspire the next generation of global citizens? Apply today to join a network of more than 1,000 international teachers as part of the Participate family.
Participate is seeking outgoing, experienced teachers (minimum of two years experience) with a passion for primary education to be cultural adventurers teaching in the United States. Our programs are offered in an increasing number of elementary (primary) schools in North Carolina. Successful candidates have experience as teachers in primary schools, are flexible and able to adapt lessons to specific standards and themes and promote learning through creative instruction that integrates culture into their teaching delivery.
Desired skills and experience
- We seek teachers who can engage and excite students about learning and culture.
Qualities of successful candidates include:
- Enthusiastic, high-energy facilitators.
- Outstanding classroom practitioners who incorporate student-centered approaches to learning.
- Full understanding of assessment procedures to increase student learning and progress.
- Well organized and able to work collaboratively with other teachers and colleagues.
- Maintain high expectations of all students, ensuring academic and social goals are fully achieved.
- Ability to successfully evaluate students, prepare progress reports, administer assessments and create portfolios.
- Engage parents/guardians in regular progress communication and parent/teacher conferences.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Desire to work in a collegial, team environment.
- Bachelor of Education or a combination of a Bachelor’s degree with a Postgraduate Certificate or Degree in Primary Education (PGCE or PGDE).
- At least two years of full-time teaching experience with students between the ages of 5-11 in public primary or private primary schools.
- Be currently teaching.
- Driver's license and at least one year of experience driving a car (not a motorcycle).
- Non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Availability to teach with Participate for at least two years.
Please note that there is no age limit to apply.
How to Apply:
Teachers should visit go.participate.com/tes to register and fill out an online application form as soon as possible.
Hear from an international teacher from the United Kingdom on her Participate experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLO6TKtuB5M.
Participate welcomes new international teachers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVZ52cdp8Y8
See pictures and posts from real teachers in our program telling their stories Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
For further information on Participate participation requirements, please visit: go.participate.com/tes
Apply now! go.participate.com/tes
Phone interviews are taking place now. In-person interviews will take place in London in March 2018.
About this company
Participate has brought teachers to the U.S. to teach for the past 30 years. We believe in the power of cultural exchange, both for students and teachers. Participate is a certified B Corp and ‘Best for the World’ honoree headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.