Smart Teachers is recruiting for Primary Teacher for an Independent school located in semi-rural suburb of North West Sydney, New South Wales
About the Role:
- Primary Teacher
- Teaching Years 2-6
- Located in North West Sydney, New South Wales
- Job Reference: #TES1711-522797SM
- Full-time and permanent role
- Position commencing January 2018
About the School:
- K-12 Co-educational School. The school attracts students from the Hills District, Upper North Shore and Hawkesbury Valley.
- Academic curriculum is combined with a Christian community. The School seeks to be large enough to cater for wide academic choices and small enough to care for the individual student. High expectations and pastoral care are the School's stated ideals that guide the development of young people in their adolescent growth.
- The teachers and students enjoy the advantages of small class sizes. In Kindergarten to Year Six there is a maximum of 20 students per class. This increases to a maximum of 24 in Years Seven to Twelve.
As a non-selective school, our students consistently perform above the state average in state-wide and national testing.
- The co-curricular program is a diverse creative and performing arts program, an extensive agriculture program and an impressive record of success in a range of sports. Students also participate in a range of leadership and community service initiatives. A number of Clubs operate either after school or during lunch time. They currently include: Poultry Club, Green Thumbs, Cattle Club, Science Club, Photography, and Pottery.
- The school enjoys the benefits of a tranquil, semi-rural 10 hectare setting. A range of excellent facilities including: air conditioned classrooms, an extensive computer network, science laboratories, specialist music centre, library and information centre, art centre, design and technology centre, drama studio, Agriculture Trade Training centre, working farm, multipurpose gymnasium, extensive playing fields and outdoor courts, natural bushland for cross-country and outdoor pursuits.
- The school has a strong pastoral care program — underwritten by the Christian ideals of faith, selflessness and compassion.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in semi-rural North West Sydney, New South Wales. It is approximately 46 kilometres (28 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. It is a quiet rural suburb which features many orchards and rural properties. Local attractions in the Hornsby Shire include its easily accessible wilderness areas including part of the Great North Walk, parkland recreational facilities such as Fagan Park at Galston, Pennant Hills Park, Koala Park Sanctuary in West Pennant Hills, and the village of Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury River. These provide large areas of natural parkland that form a green belt running from Sydney at the south to the Hawkesbury River at the Shire's northern end. These parks are extremely popular with day-trippers from all areas of Sydney and provides diverse recreations such as bushwalking and boating. Hornsby Shire has four public libraries two aquatic swimming pools and a range of other sporting and community facilities. The Shire stretches from the M2 Hills Motorway in the south to the Hawkesbury Rive town of Wisemans Ferry.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Must have minimum 2-3 years teaching experience in Primary setting
- Be supportive the school's Christian ethos
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in Primary education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1711-522797SM
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).