Primary Teacher of Key Stage 1 & 2 (with Coordinator possibilities) - 1 Year Temporary Renewable
The British Balearic College is a new international primary school located in an exclusive country manor opening 1st September 2017 on the East Coast of Mallorca in Porto Cristo.
We are inviting applications from outstanding teachers who share in our vision for good quality education. Our focus is on achieving high academic standards, to be a school with strong traditional values and encourage both students and staff to be passionate learners.
- be highly valued and supported by the founder of the school
- teach in a personal and caring environment in beautiful surroundings
- enjoy small class sizes of 12-15 pupils
- have access to Continuous Professional Development
- benefit from more affordable living on the East Coast - 1 hour from the capital
- work in one of the best paid private schools in Mallorca
- be considered for coordinator roles, based on qualifications and experience.
Pay scales will be above those recommended by the Spanish state, with extra roles of responsibilities offered to the right candidates, including managerial, assessments, curriculum development, mentoring and CPD.
You will teach the Cambridge International Curriculum, which is used worldwide as the Examination board through which the English National Curriculum is delivered.
- have excellent academic results from secondary school-grammar or private school education a plus but not essential.
- have a degree from a well established British University.
- a one year PGCE completed in person at a recognized institute.
- have a clear up to date CRB from this year.
- be a fluent speaker of English with a clear speaking voice.
- have good knowledge of the English National Curriculum.
- have high expectations of pupils' learning and behaviour.
- be highly motivated and hard working.
- be able to offer after school activities
- be enthusiastic to take on extra responsibilities.
- be interested in settling long term in Mallorca
- with a beginners level of Spanish if possible
Applicants are invited to send a copy of their curriculum vitae including formal photo (with names of 2 professional referees) and a letter of application to the Director Mr A. Sardar
Deadline 22nd June 2017
Please visit our website www.bbcollege.com to learn more about the British Balearic College in Porto Cristo Mallorca