The International School of Tucson is a unique, inclusive and private, not for profit school which delivers immersive language provision in four languages from age 3 upwards. We pride ourselves on being innovative offering our students small class sizes, a friendly and fun environment and involvement with all the cultural and global activities which form the premise of our school. In the Primary years we do little homework believing that social interaction, play and family time are more important.
A maximum class size of 22 students allows teachers time to develop genuine relationships with their students. Leadership and character development are both considered essential aspects to students’ development and is taught as a subject from grade 5 up.
We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and lively primary teacher with a passion for Maths and English to move students on during the next strategic phase of growth for the school. You should be able to teach differing grades and in differentiated classrooms with an enjoyment for teaching.
With over a dozen teaching nationalities many of our teachers are on a cultural teaching visa for three to five years. It is expected that each individual brings their culture to the role whilst also experiencing the cultural mix here in the USA and in Arizona in particular.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range, including housing allowance, is $38 – 42k pa (reviewed annually). We also offer health care, return flights from home to the USA at start and end of contract, all visa costs and support with transition such as assistance with upfront housing costs. Arizona is a low cost state compared to most others with excellent travel connections worldwide. The job start is 25 July 2019.
• A bachelor’s degree in education with a primary qualification.
• Native-level English speaker.
• A minimum two years FULL TIME Cambridge primary curriculum teaching. (After teacher training)
• The ability to work across grades in a differentiated classroom.
• The willingness to be involved both in and out of school with the community for at least three years.
• Full valid passport.
• Ability to provide a background check from the country of current residence.
• A driving licence (preferable for your own mobility in the USA).
• Preferred first aid and CPR qualified (training can be provided).
- Previous International experience is a plus.
• Either a recent negative Tuberculosis skin test or x ray proving that you are clear of TB in the last year.
Before applying please learn about Arizona:
Visit our website www.istucson.org to review the school and our pedagogy.
Review weather and blogs about Arizona such as
Mail the principal Mr Kevin Brown MEd. At email@example.com if you have any particular questions about the role.
You may mail a covering letter and CV to the Principal OR complete the TES application form.
If you have applied previously please do not reapply.