Primary Teacher - SEN / SEMH specialist (Year 7 with a primary style timetable)
Old Arley (CV7 8NU) - Coventry / Nuneaton (CV7 8NU)
£24,000 - £34,000
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Teacher to join our team in Old Arley. The teacher will be working with year 7's but with a primary style timetable, in our independent day school based in rural Warwickshire. The school caters for children and young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. The teacher will become part of a team that delivers curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
At Arc our students benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of teaching EBD or SEN students is highly desirable.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Arc School handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities, including driving the school vehicle
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an allocated class within the Old Arley site of the Arc School, for a detailed breakdown a job description is available on request.
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEMH, Behaviour difficulties and ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of a specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
- The support to progress in your career
- If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with Young People then we would love to hear from you.
Arc School Old Arley, is part of the Kedleston Group Ltd, which is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Schools Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.