Our primary school – currently comprised of about 1,000 students – is a vibrant, fun and multicultural place of learning. It offers an engaging and warm environment, where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and develop their curiosity.
Alongside the English National Curriculum, our students enjoy specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, Music, PE and French. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Mastery of Maths, which we use to enrich the children’s learning.
There are more than 60 teachers and support staff across the whole of our primary school. We’re a stable and long-serving cohort, and we enjoy what we do.
Doha is the capital city and central focus of Qatar. The city has a large proportion of expats and as a result is extremely diverse.
Qatar offers a warm, sunny climate throughout the year.
Expats can visit the souqs for spices and traditional clothing, enjoy local food and drinks in the streets. There are various modern malls throughout the city.
There are also many modern areas in Doha to visit in the evenings including international restaurants offering excellent food.
Our happy, supportive and tremendously successful primary team is proud to be one of the best in the world. We’re looking for outstanding primary teachers to join us in Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 for the start of the next academic year.
Teaching and learning responsibility allowances (TLRs) and phase leader roles may be available for candidates with appropriate experience and qualifications.
If you are a UK-qualified teacher with experience of using the English National Curriculum – and you have a creative, positive and professional attitude – we would love to hear from you.
As part of the primary team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering high quality lessons that engage and challenge your students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Hold relevant educational qualifications from a reputable UK university.
- Have experience of teaching the English National Curriculum.
- Demonstrate good knowledge/understanding of ongoing assessment and planning for a thematic, creative curriculum.
- Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing plenty of enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
As a BSO accredited school we can accept applications from outstanding newly-qualified teachers (NQTs), whom we can support through to award of QTS.
Highly competitive tax-free package including accommodation, flights, generous paid annual leave, travel allowance and comprehensive private medical insurance
- Tax free-Teaching salary paid in Qatari Riyals.
- This equates to a yearly tax-free salary dependent on exchange rate and teaching experience.
- Furnished accommodation and utilities allowances included.
- Transport allowance and benefits including excellent private health cover.
Applicants must be UK qualified teachers with a relevant teaching qualification including QTS.
The school can consider applications from strong Newly Qualified Teachers
How to apply
Please send your CV and supporting letter addressed to the Principal, Mr Deane Baker:
- Letter of Application: 2 pages maximum
- CV (maximum of three pages - to include VISA details)
- A recent photo
- A list of at least three referees - the list should include their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer
Please log on to this site to watch our concise recruitment videos on page 1 and page 2 to find out more about our school and view our accommodation. http://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/qis/
Please call Penny Kontopyrghou on 00447595 968 600 for more information or email your CV and questions to QIS.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application including a CV and supporting letter to QIS.email@example.com including the following information for VISA purposes
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Your Nationality
- Number of dependants
- If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children