A'soud Global School (AGS) Salalah is looking to recruit a well-qualified and experienced Primary Teachers to teach children from many nationalities. This is an exciting time for an ambitious teacher to join our brand new, expanding and increasingly popular school.
Who are we?
AGS operates with international curriculum to suit the needs of the variety of nationalities currently catered for the schools and our vision for creating highly effective learners based around the following aims:
- The pupils’ education takes place within state-of-the-art facilities, including spacious classrooms, outdoor multi-games courts, swimming and splash pools, an indoor multi-purpose sports hall, a library, ICT rooms, music rooms, art and drama rooms and science laboratories.
- Allowing the whole school community, regardless of background or starting point, the ability to achieve an individual academic standard that reflects challenges faced.
- Equipping students with values, attitudes and skills designed to ensure they are not only active but effective global citizens whether at university, in the workplace or elsewhere in their lives.
- Delivering high quality, lifelong learning outcomes for all, consistently, regardless of changes to circumstances or the learning environment around us.
Our Curriculum, English National - Cambridge Syllabus, is enhanced by a diverse enrichment and thematic learning program which inspires our students to develop their passions and explore Oman' beautiful mountains, plains, deserts and coast. Students are taught in small classes by excellent, enthusiastic teachers in well-resourced classrooms. The students are supported to develop leadership, learning & interpersonal skills as well as encouraged to become engaged global and local citizens.
Applicants must be:
• Flexible, dynamic, innovative and ready to embrace the challenges and excitement of an International teaching career in the Middle East with a newly opened school
• Have at least 3 years of teaching experience, ideally in the UK and/or MENA region
• Willing to get ‘stuck in’ with all manner of tasks in our evolving, dynamic school
• Qualified to degree level in an appropriate subject and hold a recognized teaching qualification preferably gained in the UK,(eg PGCE, QTS), for early years OR lower primary
• Independent and motivated with some experience teaching different key stages
• Experienced in using effective differentiation and assessment techniques
• Able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning
• An exceptional communicator with the desire to work with the whole school community
• Ambitious and keen to develop existing knowledge and skills
• Experienced of working with children for whom English is an additional language is expected and experience of working in an international setting would also be beneficial.
What we offer
We are committed to the growth of our staff, both professionally and personally, through providing development opportunities with competitive international compensation and benefits.
Please complete the online application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You must meet the following requirements for a visa & work permit:
• At least 3 years teaching experience.
• A degree where the title includes a taught school subject.
• B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE, PGDE or similar qualification.
• Proficient in English.
• Over 24 and below 55 years of age
AGS is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for the post.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we find the right candidate, so early applications are advised.
A’soud Global School - Salalah
Salalah - Oman
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 13 years