The British School of Malaga
Required for September 2021
The British School of Malaga is the only British school in the city of Malaga. The school has recently joined the International Schools Partnership, a worldwide educational organisation where ‘amazing learning’ is at the heart of everything they believe in. The school offers a high-quality British education for both local and international students aged 3 – 18. The British School of Malaga teaches the English National Curriculum in EYFS, KS1, 2 and 3, the iGCSE in Years 10 and 11, and the ‘A’ Level programme in Years 12 and 13. Students go on to study at top universities in Spain, the UK and around the world. There are currently over 700 students attending the school. Learning takes place in well-resourced classrooms, delivered by internationally qualified educators who prepare students for an international future as global citizens.
The school is located in an exclusive suburb of Malaga, a beautiful city on the Andalusian coast. The climate in Malaga is most agreeable all year round.
The British School of Malaga has high expectations of its staff and welcomes fully qualified, flexible, creative, child-centred applicants who will further enhance the quality of teaching and learning at the school. Successful candidates will have an up to date knowledge of curriculum developments, be passionate about children both within and outside the classroom and be experienced and dynamic teachers who hold a relevant degree.
Candidates must have appropriate work experience and have a clear understanding of teaching at one or more of the following levels: EYFS, KS1 & KS2. Individuals must be outstanding teaching practitioners, enjoy inspiring students through a student-centred approach to learning, have the ability to provide a model of excellent classroom practice, be highly committed, confident in data analysis, and possess excellent IT, organisational and communication skills.
Please state in your letter how your previous experience will ensure you will be successful in this role. Every member of the teaching staff is expected to contribute to the wider community aspect of school life.
Since we are a British style school we will only consider applications from candidates who:
• have QTS status or equivalent, recognised for the purposes of teaching in the UK or overseas and hold an appropriate teaching qualification;
• have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a school in the UK or British school overseas;
• are in possession of an up to date Police Clearance / DBS / ICPC certificate from the most recent country of teaching;
• demonstrate in their letter of application how they will use their experience to address the challenges of teaching expatriate and local children in a British school in Spain.
Teachers at The British School of Malaga:
• are passionate about learning;
• inspire their students through their engaging and demanding teaching;
• participate in all aspects of school life creating a warm and safe community to which parents, staff and students are proud to belong;
• are flexible and have a sense of humour.
If this describes you then we would welcome an application from you. Your application should be uploaded to the TES portal and should include a CV and cover letter and names and email contacts of three referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. The deadline for applications is Friday 5th March.
We are only able to contact shortlisted candidates, and interviews will be held by Skype or face to face where possible. The School reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found. If shortlisted, you will have to present a current DBS certificate, ICPC or Police Check from your current country of employment, copies of teaching qualifications which would allow you to teach in a British school and proof of identity.
The British School of Malaga is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (in the UK) or Criminal Records (Police Check) disclosure from their most recent country of residence.
The British School Of Malaga
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years