RAK academy is seeking to appoint qualified primary teachers for new, unique and professionally stimulating positions , working across our four primary schools. For an experienced teacher this will provide a great opportunity to utilise your skills and talents in a role with lots of variety and professional challenge. For a younger teacher this provides a wonderful opportunity to accelerate your career by teaching across multiple phases of primary provision. Managed centrally through our high performing education office under the direction and support of the Executive Principal, the daily work of the support teachers will be varied, challenging and professionally stimulating. The key attributes you would need are; flexibility, drive, passion and a willingness to support the academy’s teaching and learning across all of our primary schools and a desire to accelerate your career in primary education. Ras Al Khaimah is a great place to live and work, with beaches, a relaxed lifestyle and with Dubai just down the road.
To ensure continuity of learning for students across the academy and to minimise disruption to educational programmes.
Knowledge and Understanding
- To provide teaching cover on a daily basis for teacher absence in schools under the direction of the Head of the school to which you are allocated by RAK Academy HQ.
- The priorities for placement that will be applied are:
- To provide long term cover in a class for whom the recruited teacher fails to join RAK Academy. Depending on the circumstance you may either be asked to cover this class until a replacement teacher is recruited, or you may be required to cover for longer periods (if necessary, up to the full academic year) as the class teacher).
- To provide long term cover in a class for whom the teacher leaves RAK Academy during the academic year (depending on the circumstance you may either be asked to cover this class until a replacement teacher is recruited, or you may be required to cover for longer periods (up to the full academic year) as the class teacher.
- Short term cover for teacher absence/illness
- Individual lesson cover as required
- To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which you work.
- To take responsibility for implementing school policies and practice, including those relating to equality of opportunity.
Planning, Teaching and class management
- Promote and support the ethos of the school;
- Work to achieve the general and particular aims of the school, expressed in the School Mission Statement and the School Improvement Plan;
- On short term cover teaching, you will be required to utilise the planning, guidance and assessment provided by the teacher who is absent.
- For longer term cover roles, you may be required to undertake the planning, monitoring and assessment to ensure continuity of learning, attainment and progress of learners, as below:
- To plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, notwithstanding differences of race and gender, and taking account of the needs of pupils who are under achieving, very able, or not yet fluent in English.
- To plan effectively to meet the needs of pupils with Additional Learning Needs and in collaboration with the SENCO, prepare, implement, monitor and review Individual Educational Plans.
- To assess, record and monitor each pupil’s progress in line with the Academy profile and to report to parents, appropriate to the level within which you are working at any point in time.
- To monitor pupil’s class and home activities, providing constructive, oral and written feedback.
- To use teaching strategies that keep pupils engaged through effective questioning, lively presentation and good use of resources.
- To create a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident.
- To set high expectations for pupil behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline based on mutual respect and personal responsibility. To deal with inappropriate behaviour in the context of the school Mission Statement, Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy.
- To set a good example to the pupils taught through one’s presentation and one’s personal conduct.
Wider Professional Effectiveness
- To take responsibility for one’s own professional development including Performance Management / Appraisal procedures.
- To attend training in and out of school, as directed by the Leadership Team.
- To work effectively as a member of the school team, establishing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, parents and pupils.
- To manage support staff and other adults effectively, involving them where appropriate with the planning and management of pupil’s learning.
- To attend all CPD, and meetings and to support all QA processes in the academy appropriate to whichever school is assigned at any point in time and whichever class is being covered.
- The education and welfare of the children in accordance with national expectations and the ethos of the school.
- The quality of learning and the achievements of all pupils in the classes being covered.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education from an institution approved by the UAE Ministry of Education or equivalent.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is mandatory.
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- It is essential to be trained in either British or IB Curriculums. Experience in both curriculums will be highly regarded.
- Strong ability to use technology to support teaching and learning.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff.
- Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Most importantly, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers:
- Tax-free salary including housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Free education for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use 'QUICK APPLY'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment.
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international family of schools, situated in beautiful Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes’ drive from Ras Al K...