We are looking for an inspiring and talented Primary Teaching Assistant. The role will include responsibilities including supporting children’s learning, undertaking playground duties, preparing resources and assisting the class teacher. You will be expected to uphold the policies of the school and support the school ethos.
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. Our vision of high expectations, creative learning, and mastery of teaching secured not only an outstanding Ofsted grade in July 2014 but also a recognition of the ‘best pupil progress of all academies across the nation.
What we are looking for:
- A commitment to the highest achievement for all
- A resourceful and enthusiastic educationalist
- At least six months' experience of working with children in a primary school or a similar setting
- A good team player who is proactive and able to act on their own initiative
- Strong and confident use of ICT, as well as the ability to read and write fluently and confident in maths.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- A supportive environment of excellent teachers and support staff
- Outstanding training opportunities
- Opportunities for rapid development
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and pupils
As an outstanding academy, we invest in our staff and offer excellent professional development opportunities and a comprehensive induction programme to support the progress of your career. We have excellent systems, a creative curriculum and a clear vision for continued excellence.
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park works within the wider Harris Federation, a supportive and highly successful group of 41 Academies all based in and around London. Each Academy operates autonomously within the Federation, but all Harris Academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For further information about the position, or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Lenka Reeve, Office Manager, on 020 8808 2045 or email email@example.com.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.