Primary Teaching Assistant (SEND)
- Kirklees Special Needs School (Huddersfield based) - not mainstream
- £65 - £75 per day (dependant on experience)
- Monday to Friday 8:30 - 3:30
- Immediate start or April 2020 start dates
- Team teach is advantageous
- REFER A FRIEND OR COLLEAGUE TO WORK FOR US & YOU’LL BOTH GET REWARDED £125 *
Salary is dependant on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is to have relevant experience with young people and children with Challenging behaviours / SEND.
Vision for Education Huddersfield SEND team are currently looking for a Primary Teaching Assistant to provide support on a 1:1 / basis within a Specialist Special Educational Needs Setting based in Kirklees. This position is to work within a Primary class within the setting focusing on Social and Sensory skills. This is a Special School not a mainstream setting.
This is a specialist Educational setting based within Kirklees that cater for students who are not in mainstream education and have an individual Educational Health Care Plan.
We are looking for a Primary Teaching Assistant to work within a KS1 class supporting a specific learner in their daily School routine. You may be required to assist with personal care / toileting needs within therefore mustn’t be fazed by this. Although this role can be quite challenging at times, it is very rewarding.
To be considered for the Primary Teaching Assistant (SEND) position, you will:
• Have experience within the last 2 years in a similar setting that we are able to gain professional references from
• Hold a team teach certificate or be willing to attend training with Vision for Education (FREE OF CHARGE)
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £125 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Primary Teaching Assistant (SEND) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team on 01484 642928.
*They must have worked a total of 30 days for us for the bonus to be received