ABERMAIN Holy Spirit Infants School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
Part-time temporary primary teaching position at Holy Spirit Primary School, Abermain.
• a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice
• evidence of exemplary teaching skills in the primary curriculum area K-6 and initiatives undertaken
• a demonstrated passion for Early Learning (ES1-S1) and a proven capacity to improve student learning at this key stage using explicit teaching
• a clear understanding of the intellectual, physical and social/emotional development of the early learner
• demonstrated understanding of using data to inform best practice and to set high expectations for student achievement
• be innovative, creative and collaborative in teaching style with a willingness to embed technology in all learning
• ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework.
• demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional learning and working collaboratively to improve teacher effectiveness
• commitment to be an active member of the school team and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities
• high level of interpersonal and communication skills when relating to students, parents and colleagues
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained primary teacher
• be a practising Catholic
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
• evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
Be able to demonstrate experience and success teaching in ES1 and ST1
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 18 November, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
Holy Spirit Infants School
PO Box 11
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include the contact details of your parish priest as well as after hour contacts for other referees.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Emailed applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.