|Location||EDGEWORTH St Benedict's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Description||St Benedict's Primary School, Edgeworth is seeking a permanent full time Primary teacher to join the team for 2022.
At St Benedict's Primary School, Edgeworth, we have a clear vision and purpose to be recognised as a school focusing on high quality teaching and learning. Our ultimate aim is to provide each student with the best education and equip them with skills to adapt and flourish within a constantly changing world.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
• Catholic, with the ability to articulate a personal commitment to Catholic Education (Primary and Religion Teachers only)
• Willingness to actively support the Catholic identity of the school
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching programs and assessments in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise assessment and relevant school data to optimise
organisational and educational outcomes
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and
• Demonstrated ability to teach Stage 3 students
• Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Schools Office Leading Learning Collaborative initiative.
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous
improvement within the school environment
• Demonstrated ability to establish productive partnerships with staff, parents and students to provide positive outcomes
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Sunday 19 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Mark Hornby-Howell (firstname.lastname@example.org)||4958 1858|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to email@example.com
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including their contact details, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted
St Benedict’s Primary School