|Location||KOTARA SOUTH St James' Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||St James’ Primary School, Kotara South is seeking two temporary full time Primary Teachers to join the team for 2022.
St James’ Primary School, Kotara South is a Catholic systemic school in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. With contemporary evidence-based teaching and learning, St James’ uses a collaborative and personalised approach where teachers and students work together to create a stimulating and engaging learning environment. Promoting a supportive and safe learning community, St James’ focuses on providing a quality, holistic education that enables each student to reach their full potential.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning (including digital learning) and wellbeing principles and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• Catholic, with the ability to articulate a personal commitment to Catholic Education (Primary and Religion Teachers only)
• Willingness to actively support the Catholic identity of the school
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching programs and assessments in all KLA's which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise assessment and relevant school data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in
order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes
• Demonstrates an understanding of PBL and its impact in the primary school setting
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and administrative skills
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Wednesday 29 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Jennifer Edstein-Boyes (firstname.lastname@example.org)||4952 2414|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume.
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• Preferred applicants will be asked to participate in orientation processes, including a formation conversation, following the interview, to introduce them to the local Parish context and the culture of the Catholic school.
• Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted.
• Applications close: Wednesday 29 September 2021 at 3.30pm.
St James' Primary School