Aldar Academies are currently seeking inspirational school leaders to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. Due to planned current and future expansion we are looking to add to our current team of outstanding Principals to lead our schools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Successful candidates will combine excellent track records of effective leadership experience, developed in the UK/USA or internationally, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire a school community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are central to this role. The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Strategic, operational and financial responsibility for the school
- Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students and the wider community
- To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
- Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
- Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
- Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
- BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE is essential
- NPQH or Master in Education preferred but not necessary
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the Board and Strategic Governance Group is essential
- Ability to understand the operational and financial requirements to manage a successful school is essential
What we offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
A covering letter and CV should be submitted to TES.
Long-listed candidates will be interviewed via Skype/Zoom if not living in the UAE. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to Abu Dhabi for final interviews and selection process.
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.