Relocation: A relocation allowance of £8,000 is available where the employee’s new home is reasonably close to the workplace and the former home is not.
Pension: Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Rochdale Sixth Form College is located on an attractive, new-build (2010), £26m campus in the educational quarter of Rochdale, Greater Manchester, close to the town centre, and with a direct commute from much of the North West, Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Stockport, Warrington, Merseyside and the towns and cities of South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire. A nationally-regarded Sixth Form College, we have been confirmed as the UK’s ‘Number One’ for A Level progress (DfE Performance Tables) in each of the last four years – an unprecedented achievement.
We are looking for a Principal/CEO to lead Rochdale Sixth Form College and the Altus Education Partnership into the next phase of our development. The Trust Board wishes to appoint a leader with a collegiate style, and with presence, gravitas and integrity, who is committed to an inclusive 16-19 environment. We are keen to build on our successes and continue the quest for outstanding outcomes for all our students.
The College is rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and has secured a national reputation since opening in 2010. The College is established as a National Support School as designated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
The Trust Board seek a person with the vision, strategic leadership and ability to build on Rochdale Sixth Form College’s outstanding reputation and to preserve and further develop the beliefs, values and culture of the organisation.
This is a unique opportunity, and you will find different aspects of this role challenging dependent on your existing skills and achievement: -
· A Deputy Principal/Deputy Headteacher within a Sixth Form College, GFE, or School Sixth-Form background will find the challenge of Principalship an exciting one, with dedicated and talented Senior Leaders and ‘Outstanding’ financial health status providing an excellent platform for future achievements.
· A Principal/Headteacher or Executive Headteacher will be excited by the prospect of MAT expansion, building relationships within the town and our region, and seeking opportunities for alliance and growth, to help deliver excellence and security to young people on a wider scale.
We are looking for an outstanding educational leader with a strong track record of success and the vision and ambition to lead our College and Trust. As such, we are inviting applications from candidates currently in any of the following roles: Principal, Deputy Principal, Executive Headteacher, Headteacher, or Deputy Headteacher in a Sixth Form College, a GFE College with A Level provision, or an 11-18 school with a substantial Sixth Form. The role is varied and flexible and therefore this could be your ideal post if you are from any of these backgrounds, and whatever your previous experience, we will ensure this post is the right one for you with real prospects of career progression and job satisfaction.
The successful applicant will:
• Balance growth and progression with a collegiate ethos and strong academic performance;
• Possess outstanding interpersonal skills to lead and motivate a high-achieving and talented staff body;
• Have the character and values that align with a College focused both upon inclusivity and rigorous standards;
• Have the political skills to engage with stakeholders within the wider community and develop further the College and Trust position within the academic, social and business communities;
• Have the vision to lead the College in offering an outstanding educational experience for each student;
• Be committed to an unrelenting focus on each student maximising their potential and with it, their life chances;
• Have the knowledge and understanding of funding and finance essential to successfully manage a £7M+ budget;
• Embrace the opportunity to lead and develop a progressive and nationally recognised organisation, supported by a Trust Board that is committed to the highest standards, inclusivity and social mobility.
Potential candidates are welcome to contact our advisers ASDTi on 01457 851407 or 07736 775776 to arrange a visit to the College.
The appointment is, of course, subject to satisfactory references and a successful DBS Disclosure.
Further details and a full application pack are available from our advisers ASDTi by visiting and downloading from www.leadrochdale.co.uk by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 01457 851407.
ASDTi are available on our behalf during evenings and weekends as well, and would be pleased to organise a visit to the college for interested candidates, or to discuss remuneration, career or relocation expectations.
Closing date for applications: Monday 5th February 2018 at 11.00pm.
Shortlisting will take place on the 9th February, and interviews will be held on 22nd and 23rd February 2018.