Do you have the vision, passion and rigour to develop and lead a brand new secondary school in West London?
Ark Soane Academy will open in September 2019 in Ealing, West London. The academy will educate pupils from Year 7 to A-level and will serve the diverse local community. The academy will begin with a Year 7 cohort in September 2019 and will build year by year. The academy will have a newly refurbished building and all staff will be appointed by the founding Principal. The Principal will take up post in September 2018 so will have a significant period of time to plan for the academy’s opening.
We are intent on creating a school that provides pupils with a standard of education the equal of any in the world. To achieve this, we are seeking a visionary and highly effective leader. The new Principal will work with the Executive Principal (West London) and Ark Regional Director to establish a vision for the school, recruit great staff and put in place rigorous systems for the opening of the new school.
Ideal candidates will:
· Be well educated. We will only consider applicants with good A-levels, or the equivalent, and good degrees.
· Have a very clear understanding of what makes a great school and the skills and character required to develop this (rigorous planning, high expectations, great CPD, strong leadership, honesty, kindness, passion, commitment and resilience).
· Be fully aligned with the Ark pillars.
· Be committed to codifying great practice so as to ensure a lasting legacy at the academy and across the wider network.
· Be excited by, and committed to, supporting practices that will effect great progress in the Ark North London region and across the wider network of Ark schools.
Given the academy will build year by year the new Principal’s experience will not be a determining factor. We will consider candidates with relatively little senior leadership experience if they meet the criteria set out below. Equally, we would very much welcome applications from experienced candidates excited by the opportunity to start a new school.
For further information, a confidential discussion or for any technical queries please contact Jerry Collins, the Ark Regional Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07908 158436.
To apply please go to https://goo.gl/VdVgp4
Location: Ealing (West London)
Closing Date: 10am, Tuesday 8 May 2018
Salary: Highly competitive and negotiable depending on experience
Start date: September 2018
The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.