The Trustees of the Morris Education Trust (MET) and the LGB of Witchford Village College (WVC) are looking for an inspirational and driven school leader to be the next Principal of the college. This career-defining opportunity will enable you to build quickly on the college's many strengths and to make a real difference in the lives of young people in the area.
WVC is an expanding, 11-16 school located in the village of Witchford, two miles west of Ely. It achieved its strongest GCSE results in 2016 and a 'Good' inspection later that year. It joined MET in April 2017 and this has energised the college further. As a flourishing village college with provision to match, it is seen and held in important regard by the local community.
The new Principal at WVC will be a values-led professional with significant self-knowledge who can motivate others and develop effective and successful teams. Decision-making will have to be excellent and the post-holder will demonstrate managerial courage in securing better outcomes for children and young people.
In return, Witchford and MET can offer you:
- supportive and committed staff and students and families who want the college to be even stronger
- an opportunity that will develop as the role and Trust grows
- leadership from a highly experienced CEO (who is a National Leader of Education) and mentoring from an outstanding Principal within the MAT
- support from the excellent team of professionals who work within the growing Trust
- access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
We encourage and welcome visits from candidates. If you wish to arrange a visit please contact Trudy John, Principal’s PA email@example.com, 01353 646404 (direct dial).
For further information please go to our website www.witchfordvc.co.uk
The closing date for applications is 4.00pm on Tuesday 23rd January 2018.
Shortlisting will be 24th January.
Interviews will be held on Monday 29th January and Tuesday 30th January 2018.