Cottenham Village College is a successful 11-18 school that is part of the Astrea Academy Trust. We have excellent academic results, e.g. P8 for 2016 was +0.4, and superb standards of conduct. Join us on the journey to be world class.
We seek to appoint an ambitious Principal who has the highest aspirations, passion and expertise to lead the next phase of our journey towards becoming a truly excellent academy. You will be an outstanding leader and classroom practitioner who has the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate our community to ensure that pupils and staff give their best.
We are looking for a skilled leader who:
- has the strategic vision and determination to drive the college forward;
- is inspirational and approachable;
- possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- will develop our strengths as well as provide challenge and support when it is required;
- has a proven track record of meeting high pupil achievement targets through excellent knowledge of assessment procedures and analysis of progress;
- engages with the latest thinking and research about education and leadership, with a particular emphasis on the curriculum;
- believes passionately in high quality professional development for all staff;
- will ensure outstanding education through a focused and aspirational learning environment for all of our pupils, empowering each individual to realise their best both in the academic and broader educational sense.
We can offer you:
- the wholehearted support of Astrea, Governing Body, Regional Director of Education and Senior Leadership Team in developing your leadership and management skills;
- an exciting opportunity to work with a highly committed, dedicated team of staff;
- the opportunity to lead a college in which the pupils are enthusiastic, keen to succeed and behave well;
- the chance to lead a great college at a very exciting time.
Closing date: 30th June 2017 at 8.00am
Interviews will be held: 11th and 12th July 2017
Candidates are warmly encouraged to visit prior to application on: Tuesday 20th June between 8-11.00am / Wednesday 21st June between 3-5pm / Wednesday 28th June between 8-10am or between 2-5pm. If you are not able to visit during any of these times, then an informal telephone conversation with the Regional Director of Education can be arranged. Please contact Mrs S O’Mullane (email: email@example.com or 01954 288 752) to register to visit or to arrange a telephone conversation.
For more information about Astrea Academy Trust and Cottenham Village College please visit websites: https://astreaacademytrust.org/ and https://cvcweb.net/.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs. Applicants who have not been called for interview can assume their application has not been successful. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, the successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
COTTENHAM VILLAGE COLLEGE
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION: MR S ELLISON